Friday, July 4, 2008

who REALLY survived this past week?

Little Miss spent the week up with Nonna and Grandpa (only during the day, though) while our sitter was on vacation. I'm not really sure who is more worn out! However, lucky for us, she's welcome back- she was fantastic for them (whew!) and can come back to play anytime.

Here we are in our red white and blue! Notice the "worry rag" we MUST have to play with at all times. Since she's learned how to pull her clothes to her mouth to suck on them, we've decided these swipers from frankandme are perfect for her to not only hold onto, but chew on as well. They're the perfect size for her little hands. We've tried other blankets but they're too big and cumbersome for her, so the swipers are perfect.
Today was a really fun day with Lottie. Not only was she smiling and watching all day today (and all week), but we went over to visit the neighbors and she figured out how to yell! The neighbor kids are pretty loud when they're out playing, so she needed to compete- and she did great! She genuinely laughed and screamed a little... I don't know if it was to be heard or just from having so much fun over there. Definitely a fun little new trick she's learned and I hope she continues to do it. She's only really started babbling and smiling a lot in the past few weeks, so each new development is fun to see. Next thing you know she'll be singing lead vocals on Rock Band.

We still have a full weekend ahead of us, so hopefully she can make it to Sunday without getting too overwhelmed and burnt out on 4th of July fun.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Welcome to the blog world. I resisted as well and now I am addicted. I will love keeping track of Charlotte's progress so thanks for keeping us posted from far away :) She is beautiful!!!!

Leslie
www.goteamwillett.blogspot.com